About Me

My photo
Isle of Bute, West Coast of Scotland, United Kingdom
Too old to be a rock chick, so I am the hippy hen! Environmentally and socially conscious, eco aware vegetarian goddess. Human and animal rights activist Against discrimination in all its forms. LGBT Ally. Lover of music, chocolate and crochet.. Womb cancer survivor.

Wednesday 15 November 2017

All packed and ready to go!

It is our local arts club Christmas exhibition and sale this coming weekend so the past couple of weeks has seen me trying to finish off my various projects and get them ready for the exhibition.


Everything has to be individually tagged and priced so that meant hunting around for the packet of tags I know is somewhere in the flat. In the end I had to admit defeat and buy a new packet!! Always the case when you put something in a safe place and then can't remember where that safe place was when you next want the item!!
Finally everything is tagged and packed up and ready for Saturday. Going to be an early start as we have to be down at the hall for 9am.
Thought you might like to see some of the items I have been working on for the past few months.






This is some of my festive bunting - all hand-sewn!

 


These are fabric covered notebooks and diaries. The covers are removable so when you have filled the notebook you can replace it.





These are some of my hand-sewn Christmas tree decorations. The hearts are made from scraps of tartan.


These are my new style of fabric brooches. Have been using up more of my fabric scraps making these.


These are something new that I have been wanting to do for ages but have been unable to find suitable frames here on the island but I recently found them online with delivery at no extra cost which was great.

The first 2 are textile ones, with yet more of my hand sewing skills on show!! The final one is a little mixed media one.






 
 
So as you can see I have been rather busy recently.
 
Hoping that we have a good weekend and get lots of people in to have a look at the art and craft work on display and for sale.
The club has a FB page that you can find here
 
 
 Happy crafting folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment