About Me

My photo
Isle of Bute, West Coast of Scotland, United Kingdom
Too old to be a rock chick, so I am the hippy hen! Environmentally and socially conscious, eco aware vegetarian goddess. Human and animal rights activist Against discrimination in all its forms. LGBT Ally. Lover of music, chocolate and crochet.. Womb cancer survivor.

Thursday 28 December 2017

Change of mind!


You may remember a couple of weeks ago in my last blog post I said I was thinking or re-opening my Folksy shop that I started in 2010 when I was first diagnosed with womb cancer.
Well, after thinking long and hard about it I've changed my mind and won't be re-opening it.

Since being maliciously reported to the DWP last year I have cut back on selling my items online. I have always been open about my fundraising and always show records of my sales publicly and show receipts when I have donated to the various charities and good causes I support. I donate 100% of sales and even cover paypal fees myself so that every penny that someone pays for an item goes to the charity/good cause concerned.

I was extremely upset and angry that someone could be so nasty and report me. Sadly I have no idea who it was as it was anonymous. The investigating official accepted my explanation but said that if I was reported again they (DWP) would have to investigate again and it may not be the same official who did so and they might come to a different conclusion.

Which is why I have decided against re-opening my Folksy shop. However, that doesn't mean that I won't be supporting my favourite charities and good causes.
Instead of selling my handmade items and donating the proceeds from sales I shall instead be sending items direct to them to either sell of use for their fundraising efforts.

I have done this before on several occasions aswell as selling items myself and donating the proceeds but this will now be how I support my fav charities and good causes.

I am already in the process of sorting out and packing up a couple of parcels for Animal Free Research UK (formerly Dr Hadwen Trust) They have 2 vegan charity shops, one in Hove and the other in Hitchen. I sent a parcel of goodies to the shop in Hove before Christmas which was well received.


Most of the items will be Valentine themed so hopefully it will help raise a few £££'s for the good work they do in keeping animals out of medical research.


I found a stash of these lovely resin hearts and have been using up some of stash of beads to make these lovely necklaces. Really pleased with how they have turned out.

So, although slightly disappointed at not being able to re-open my Folksy shop (it's just not worth all the hassle and stress of being reported again by some nasty little low-life!!) I know that my items are appreciated and are still helping to raise funds for the charities and good causes I support.
 
So if you live near either Hitchin or Hove then please check out the Animal Free Research UK shops - you can find details here.

All that remains is for me to wish you a Happy New Year & I'll see you in 2018.

Kaz  xx

No comments:

Post a Comment