About Me

My photo
Isle of Bute, West Coast of Scotland, United Kingdom
Too old to be a rock chick, so I am the hippy hen! Environmentally and socially conscious, eco aware vegetarian goddess. Human and animal rights activist Against discrimination in all its forms. LGBT Ally. Lover of music, chocolate and crochet.. Womb cancer survivor.

Monday 11 December 2017

Disheartened and depressed!!

Well, we did the Christmas craft event on 25th Nov and to be totally honest I wished I hadn't bothered. It didn't appear to have been very well publicised and therefore it wasn't very attended. Many of the people who did turn up said they were not aware it was on and only found out because someone had told them that day.
So after 5 hours we had made the grand sum of £20 (after deducting the £10 table cost) Still every penny counts as I am helping to raise funds for our local dialysis unit campaign.


This was my table display


 
My Christmas tree display with hand-sewn felt decorations

I was supposed to be having another table at the same event this past Saturday but cancelled due to the bad weather. I can't risk going out in the ice and snow due to mobility issues so we stayed at home in the warm.

Anyway, glad to say that I've raised the sum of £78 from the sale of my handmade items for the dialysis unit so will sending off a cheque to them shortly.

Bit depressed that I couldn't have raised more for them but as I said every penny counts and I know they are grateful for every thing that is raised for them.

No comments:

Post a Comment